Case Study for Lead Generation

Today, we are publishing a detailed case study about lead generation that would be of great help to you for lead generation.

Summary –

We had a client whose online lead generation was heading down. What they needed to do is understand their strategies and know what is not working for them or what is wrong with it. This would help you get back in competition with their competitors. Using marketing strategies, tools, etc. a process for quick experimentation was prepared and tested over many hypotheses for the best results.

Within a few months, we helped our client to generate online B2B leads by a huge number. We also got a good knowledge of goes and what does not go for the progress of the business. That data was used by us to make strategies that are useful and would increase the value of the brand.

About Client –

Our client is a provider of cloud services that is a recommended strategy for developing and running a hybrid mix of applications.

Major Goals –

The growth of our client was very slow, and their sales team had to work way harder to generate leads. They needed our help to know the reasons for the failure of efforts made for digital marketing and build a proper strategy for their growth.

Process –

We had limited resources and traditional digital marketing strategies did not succeed. We were still trying to figure out the reason for our failures and had to dig out different ideas so that the campaign launch is successful.

Here the method we used –

Understanding in depth – Marketers need to focus on the major cause of their poor performance. Without having a proper knowledge of the root cause of your failures it would be impossible for you to fix everything back. We spent the first few days for getting a proper understanding of the hurdles between us and our success and we went through the following steps –

Interacting with the team members from our client’s team to understand what the customer needs.

Analysing the data of past few months like CRM, Google Analytics.

Auditing the inbound marketing efforts that includes the content part also. What we understood by analysing was that buyer persona, channels, and marketing technology were the major problems. The last thing we did was to design journey template and place each buyer persona on the below timeline which would help us to understand the following things –

  • Needs and the motivations of the customers at every step of the buyer’s journey.
  • The type of messages to used to address the needs of customers.
  • Knowledge of the channels that could help in reaching the persona.

Experimenting – Once we are known to the problems and the challenges, there could be may solutions to one problem. Solutions could be quite simple to these problems. We created a bunch of hypotheses for what actions could have the most effect on the growth of the company. Strategies, tools, creatives, and channels are included in it. What we did was experimenting all the ideas at a time so that we could collect data and the experiments against each other. For this, we had to launch more than 100 ad campaigns at a time across many website variations.

After a few weeks, we were left less than 10 ad campaigns and 3 pages. At the same time, testing of different channels pf marketing was done hoping to get a better reach for our audience. Some gave us great results, especially by combining with each other.

Scaling – Our process was filled with marketing data and data from each and every experiment was collected and was analysed. This helped us to stop the campaigns that were under-performing and scale the ideas that worked.

Results –

There was a growth observed in the lead generation with the continuous experimentation and optimization cycle produced. In just a few months there was a high growth in the B2B leads and a part of these leads was even sales ready.

Conclusion –

Leads are an important part, but another important thing was the process we learnt was the process that works for our client in the best possible way.